Wednesday, January 22, 2014

For I am Yours, and You are mine. (How I Got Here Pt. 1)

"You called me out upon the waters
the great unknown, where feet may fail
And there i find you in the mystery
oceans deep, my faith will stand.
And i will call upon your name
& keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise my soul will rest in your embrace
For I am Yours, and You are mine."
Oceans - Hillsong United

please watch~ song starts at 3:46

I know many of you guys have heard this song...but when i first heard it at Hillsong Conference on Oct 4, 2013~ it changed my life.  Just as Joel says.. we all can sing this song and really genuinely mean it too..but unless we actually take action, it's all just words! I love that he also says that rather than God looking for more of what we do, He just wants more of us. More of our trust and just our heart. After that...trust me (from experience), your life will not be the same.

For some reason, the thought of the unknown and stepping out with full faith in God was literally shouting at me. It was all so intriguing i knew that I wasn't ever going to truly know God's plans for me unless i step out into the unknown. Step out into the darkness of what is unseen. And to step out with full faith in Him. As Matthew 14: 25-33 tells us...Jesus literally told Peter to come out into the water..and just trust Him! Not only that, if you read it you'll see that Peter is the one who told Jesus that if it really is Him..to tell him to walk out into the water! mind.blown. And there you see..you need to step out and Jesus will already be there waiting~

Getting myself to Trinity & deciding to study Youth Ministry wasn't a random choice i made one day. It was a quick decision but a very long process (since sometime in HS) to finally decide to do full-time ministry. For those of you who know me...you know i'm always so hyped up and get a high talking about God and how amazing He is. It just never dawned on me that there was a difference in living for God and making a living for God. So then i made the decision to finish my undergrad learning and growing in a Christian Community.

I was not satisfied with just being a sunday christian. I was not satisfied with the idea of a secular job. A 9-6 job. A job filled with no passion or meaning (to me, at least.) For me..it would mean that i settled for a stable job and a better "title" to brag to my friends about. My heart did not want to settle nor was it comfortable going forward with being in Human Resources or whatever else i decided to do in Management. I wanted everything i did...to glorify Him and His kingdom. So where did this passion come from?! Why did i so long to do youth group in particular?

So...with that said..stay tuned for a Pt 2. of how i got here since i was in youth group ! :)

Do everything in Love, Always~
SK

No comments:

Post a Comment