Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Hebrews 13: 1-9 (Quiet Time)

Wanting to just have some quiet time and meditate on the word..i opened up my old QT website, "http://qt.swim.org/living/" - it use to be my go-to qt site and i use to do it daily! (crazy) LOL so i'm just trying to pick up the habit again. It's good to keep learning about the word in my classes and listen to worship music and be surrounded by "christian influence." But it's totally different just having some quiet time with the word and Lord and just letting it sink in~ 

So i just wanted to share todays passage because it really just summarized what i've been trying to do. To do everything in love- it's more than what i, my sinful nature can do a lone, even saved by grace. I need God's love to continuously pour out. Below is the passage and in italicize is my commentary/relation to ma life.


1Keep on loving one another as brothers and sisters. 


Simply said. We're all brothers and sisters in Christ. Doesn't matter if you don't know someone as well as you know your best friend. We're all brought together through Christ doe.

2Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it. 

Like it says above, we're all bros and sis. It really just emphasizes what i need to continuously think about, which is doing everything in God's love. With that, i need to love everyone not just the people i like.

Continue to remember those in prison as if you were together with them in prison, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.

This really brings me back to just really feeling for people. Not just telling them oh i'll pray for you! But really being there for people and putting myself in their shoes..because if they're suffering, i'm suffering too. We all in da same house just trying to live for God.

Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral. 

This is definitely not related to me now ..but definitely will be in the latter. 

Keep your lives free from the love of moneyand be content with what you have, because God has said,“Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” What can mere mortals do to me?”

I think it's easy for us to get so involved with having money. We never have enough and theres so many things we want to do. These days, i've been learning to not want as much. I use to think i wasn't that materialistic..but i mean, come on. Im blessed with even having apple products, michael kors bags, etc. Some were gifts, but still! Because i have these things, makes me want more of "designer"~ I need to know that i'm blessed with these things and God provides with what i need not necessarily what i want. Also, i'm always "Broke" so the fact that God has provided with car, phone, college payments is simply amazing. Thank you God. forreal.

So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.
i LOVE that it says "say with confidence." Yes. please let us all say in confidence and with full hearts and faith! He will always be with us. Don't be afraid bubs.
Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of God to you. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith. 

I think sometimes we forget who influenced us to have this faith. There are so many people to thank that has helped me grow in this faith. (Teacher) Daveed, Moon GSN, Pastor Nishanth, Sharon, JD, and so many more! Yes, God is truly great~ but i got to see His greatness through you guys. Thank you.

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.


Yep. Simple as that. He has never failed you yet, He aint starting now.

Do not be carried away by all kinds of strange teachings. It is good for our hearts to be strengthened by grace, not by eating ceremonial foods, which is of no benefit to those who do so.

I think in this generation, so many links and articles get spread around and false word gets spread around. Who knew that back in the NT they would know! Just praying for discernment from God to know the truth and to respect those who preach the truth.


Hope this encouraged you guys as much as it did for me. As for my application, i hope that each of these verses will carry out my everyday life. Not just in this moment where i'm realizing all these truths. But to truly be reminded of it daily. Just trust God love God and love people...eep! harder than it seems. 


Do Everything In Love, Always~
SK

No comments:

Post a Comment