Wednesday, September 10, 2014

I am Yours, and You are mine

As i was reading a woman devo/encouragement, the writer said something that just gave me so many feels:
"Yours already knows where you are and what you've been through, and it brings Him joy to care for you."

like........ .... .. . what? I literally bawled. LOL - we are HIS. He is ours. And He knows all..and wants only to care for you, guide you, and love you.

I think we forget that we're being guided in this life by Him, and that we belong solely to Him. So as the Shepherd and Sheep analogy goes...we, being the sheep, sometimes wander. We wander without even realizing sometimes! Because we get distracted by the temptations of the world we're forced to live in temporarily..and sometimes we lose our way so far in, that we don't know how to get back.

However, i'm a firm firm believer that our Shepherd, whether He is always behind us making sure we don't stumble and hurt ourselves too much..or is actually in front of us as we follow Him unconsciously...we are always in His good hands.

"My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, i will never be shaken." Psalm 62: 1-2

He's our rock, our fortress, and we will never be shaken. Okay, we might be because sin and the world sucks sometimes..but we'll never fall. We'll never let go of His hands, even if we tried. Because we BELONGGGGG to Him!!! Legit. like...i don't really know how else to explain it. But we belong to Him, and because of that, He'll never let us go, and He'll never let us wander for too long and too far. 

I think it's just always important to know that we WILL wander. We live in a world filled with temptations left and right, He knows us well enough that we will. So He understands..and will still take you with eager, open, and excited arms. We just need to know when it's time to finally say, "alright God..i'm sorry for wandering..but i'm back! But it's been a while so can you help me?"
lmao..okay maybe that's my own version, but that's how it usually goes. And i probably wander more often than i should, but thank GOD we have a gracious, loving God...eep!

anddd with that-- I trust that i am in good hands for my return home. I know that He wants me home during this season in my life, and we'll see where He takes me! And i will wander again, and might get distracted many many times...but i hope my awesome community of brothers and sisters will whoop my butt and shove me back into place! #thataccountabilitydoe

to everyone back home, i'm stoked and excited for this new chapter. i hope you all are as well..! i promise to be kind and happy happy happyyyyyy :D hehe okay hope everyone has a victorious week! it's hump day, but that just means its closer to friday than yesterday. 

#keepfightingthegoodfight


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment