Monday, February 17, 2014

God Is Love

"Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. (1 John 4:8)
God's love is always perfectly holy, and his holiness is always perfectly loving.
His love is so personal that he had personal relationships with HIMSELF before with us.

I love this passage from a book i'm reading says: 
"There is one God, but this one God has never been alone. God was love within himself before he ever created a world to love, for within Himself, the Father loved the Son and the Son loved the Father and the Holy Spirit Himself was caught up in this unity of love. God existed eternally in this unity of love, loving Himself before he ever loved any of us." (Evangelical Convictions)

I just love love love that. The Father loved the Son. The Son loved the Father. And all the while..The Holy Spirit was all up on this whole love thing too! He is literally the definition of love.

Also in John 17: 5,24 - "Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory i had with you before the world began...the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world."
WOW

God is love. With that, we were given His Son, who died on the cross (displaying the greatest love of all) and through Him, we're able to have that relationship with God. We can't get to the Father unless through Christ, who beared it all. He wanted us to have an eternal union of love and life.

Anyways, this just reminds me of where my love needs to come from. My aim for this new year is to love with not my own human love, but God's love. Which is really the only true form of love.
Without God, you don't have love. Or at least the kind of love that is ultimately true.

Seriously, thank you God for never failing to showing me how to love even deeper than i do~ I'm so far from where i need to be and i hope i continue to grow in YOUR love.
I hope all of you guys reading this got butterflies, chills, & craziness as much as i do when i'm reminded of His beautiful romance, even with Himself.



Do Everything In Love, Always~
SK

No comments:

Post a Comment